Make your morning an eggcellent one and serve this Spicy Herb and Greens Omelette. A savoury breakfast treat with lots of flavour and a spicy touch, perfect for Sunday brunch at home.
Spicy Herb And Greens Omelette
Sunday breakfast is very important to me because when a was younger, it was a time I always looked forward to. My mom always made omelette for me and her, we drank tea and chatted about everything. Because she was working a lot, I cherished this time a lot.
Even tough I don’t live with my mom anymore for over a decade now, I still make an omelette every Sunday because it makes me think about that time. And also, because I love all kinds of eggcellent treats for the first meal of the day.
I may change up the ingredients sometimes, but this Spicy Herb and Greens Omelette is my go-to when it comes to Sunday breakfast. Filled with three flavourful herbs (parsley, chives and dill) and fresh greens, it is exactly the savoury treat you need if you want to start your day on a spicy note.
Tips for making this eggcellent breakfast treat
For the best taste use fresh produce und buy organic whenever possible.
- Chop all the veggies and herbs first and then follow with the eggs. This way, you have everything ready when roasting the omelette and don’t stress over preparing the ingredients.
- To get a smooth omelette use a non-stick pan. Otherwise the egg will stick to the pan and it will be nearly impossible to fold over.
- When buying herbs you get a whole bunch of each but rarely need as much for a recipe. Use them to make another one of my favourite herb recipes to use them up. This Smoked Salmon Salad with Herb Vinaigrette also uses parsley, chives and dill. The best part? The flavourful no-cook meal is ready in 10 minutes and the perfect balanced lunch on hot Summer days.
- Love eggs like me? Also try my nourishing Spinach, Hummus and Egg Breakfast Bread to change it up.
Spicy Herb and Greens Omelette
- 3 eggs (medium)
- a few sprigs fresh herbs (parsley, chives, dill)
- ½ green pepper
- 1 scallion
- green chili pepper (amount to taste)
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the herbs, green pepper, scallion and chili pepper. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly with a fork. Add chopped herbs and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Combine with the fork and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Put in the chopped green pepper, chili pepper and scallion. Roast on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until slightly browned.
- Pour in egg mixture and gently move the pan to distribute. Lower to medium heat and cook until the base is set.
- Remove pan from heat and fold the omelette over. Serve with bread of choice or eat on it’s own and enjoy.
Nutritional values are estimates only calculated with the recipe calorie and nutrition calculator provided by verywellfit.com. The author of this website is not a nutritionist nor a doctor. All nutritional data provided in the recipes and correspondent blog posts are for informational purposes only. Do not use the information as nutritional or medical advice.