Fresh from the garden onto the plate! These quick spring breakfast recipes are made with fresh produce and are ready in no time. From savory egg dishes to fruity sweet treats, these deliciously healthy recipes will fuel your day.
Spring is around the corner, which means delicious fresh produce. With herbs like parsley, chives, and dill to fruits and veggies like Spring onions, mangoes, and berries, the season has a lot to offer. And these healthy spring breakfast and brunch recipes will have you yearning for more.
Jump to recipe
- Why you’ll love these spring breakfast recipes
- What vegetables and fruits are in season in Spring?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quick spring breakfast recipes
- 1. Healthy Mixed Berry Compote
- 2. Herb and Greens Omelette
- 3. Detoxing Green Juice
- 4. Healthy Breakfast Bread
- 5. Smoked Salmon Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
- 6. Tropical Mango Banana Smoothie
- 7. BLT Shakshuka
- 8. Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 9. Crunchy Berry and Yogurt Parfait
- 10. Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Protein Bites
- Related spring recipes
Why you’ll love these spring breakfast recipes
- Incorporate fresh spring produce
- Filled with nutritious ingredients, like
- Deliciously healthy but so indulgent
- Easy to make and made with simple ingredients
- Quick to prepare
What vegetables and fruits are in season in Spring?
The vegetables and fruits in season can vary depending on the location and climate. However, here are some common examples of vegetables and fruits that are typically in season during spring:
- Spring onions
Frequently Asked Questions
A healthy and filling breakfast is made with a combination of nutrients, including protein, healthy fats, fiber, and complex carbs. Here are some tips to help make your breakfast healthy and filling:
- Include protein like eggs, greek yogurt, and nut butter.
- Add healthy fats like avocado, nuts, or seeds.
- Choose complex carbohydrates such as whole-grain bread, oats, or quinoa.
- Add sources of fiber like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
By including a variety of nutrients and avoiding processed foods, you can create a healthy and filling breakfast that will give you sustained energy and help you feel satisfied until your next meal.
It is easy to make a quick and healthy meal in the morning with just a few ingredients. Here are some breakfast recipes to get you started:
1. Greek yogurt parfait topped with fruit, nuts, and this almond granola
2. Banana porridge or apple cinnamon oatmeal topped with nut butter and seeds
3. Omelette with greens and herbs or this BLT shakshuka
4. Healthy breakfast bread with hummus, spinach, eggs, and spices
5. A smoothie or chocolate protein smoothie bowl
In the summer, you want to choose breakfast options that are refreshing, hydrating, and light. Here are some ideas for a summer breakfast:
- Juice or smoothie – Made of fresh fruits and vegetables, they are a good option for a refreshing and hydrating breakfast.
- Greek yogurt parfait – Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola make for a healthy breakfast that is quick and easy to put together.
- Breakfast salad – A salad made with seasonal Summer fruits like berries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums, and cherries like this delicious and light stone fruit salad.
- Chia seed pudding – The creamy treat is a satisfying breakfast option high in fiber and healthy fats. You can make it the night before and add fresh fruits like in this chia seed pudding recipe with berries.
- Bread with toppings or spread – Top a slice of whole-grain bread with mashed avocado, spinach, sliced tomatoes, eggs, and more. Or make a sweet and healthy option with this raspberry orange chia seed jam.
Quick spring breakfast recipes
1. Healthy Mixed Berry Compote
2. Herb and Greens Omelette
3. Detoxing Green Juice
4. Healthy Breakfast Bread
5. Smoked Salmon Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
6. Tropical Mango Banana Smoothie
7. BLT Shakshuka
8. Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
9. Crunchy Berry and Yogurt Parfait
10. Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Protein Bites
Related spring recipes
Looking for other recipes using spring produce? Try these: