Healthy, vegan, gluten-free and oh so delicious! These No-Bake Stracciatella Energy Bites are the balanced sweet treat you need when the nutty chocolate cravings strike. Ready in 10 minutes, this 5-ingredient treat will be your new favourite snack to make on the fly.
No Bake Stracciatella Energy Bites
I was excited when energy balls hit the market a couple of years ago. A quick little bite that tastes delicious but is low in simple carbs and sugar? Sign me up! But when I tried some of the energy bites you can buy in stores, I was disappointed. Most of them tasted, well, healthy and bland.
So I started experimenting with my version of this healthy snack, and the final result was magical. It reminded me of eating some stracciatella ice cream. So these little bites were the perfect fit to satisfy my sweet tooth in a more balanced way.
A quick and easy sweet treat
These healthy bites were tested in the kitchen a few times and tried by my colleagues at work, countless friends and even their kids. I wanted to make sure that they tasted like a chocolaty sweet treat without being loaded with tons of sugar and simple carbs. And the result is a star. It is a nutty melt-in-your-mouth treat with just the right amount of chocolate.
The best part? You don’t need a blender, food processor and oven (!!!) to make these delicious bites. A bowl and whisk are all you need to make the dough. Your hands will do the rest and roll it into little bites of happiness.
What goes into Stracciatella Energy Bites?
Five ingredients are all you need to whip up this delicious treat. Ha, these balls are so good that the rhymes continue. Did you catch the first rhyme in the previous paragraph? 😉
But seriously, this is probably one of the easiest recipes I ever made. Here is what you need:
- Almond flour – I love to use this naturally gluten-free flour to make healthy desserts.
- Almond butter - The nut butter adds some healthy fats. I use it here to create the right texture for the energy balls.
- Maple syrup – To make this a sweet treat without a ton of sugar, I used maple syrup here to add just the right amount of sweetness.
- Dark chocolate – I use it in this recipe to add a rich chocolate flavour.
- Hazelnut meal – Grated hazelnuts are perfect for rolling the energy bites in. They add a rich nutty flavour.
These No Bake Stracciatella Energy Bites are:
- refined sugar-free
- full of healthy fats
Tips for making this recipe
- Mix everything except the chocolate chips first and then incorporate them into the dough. Otherwise, they will dissolve into the dough.
- Gently roll the dough in your palms to form even balls.
- After rolling, store the energy bites in the fridge to firm up a little bit.
- These energy bites store well. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Now, scroll down for the easy recipe and enjoy this chocolaty dessert in no time.
Craving more chocolate treats?
Try these desserts to satisfy your cravings:
- Grain Free Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cookies Bars
- Almond Dark Chocolate Nice Cream
No-Bake Sracciatella Energy Bites
- 240 g almond flour (1 cup)
- 160 g almond butter (⅓ cup)
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 40 g dark chocolate flakes (⅓ cup)
- hazelnut meal (for rolling)
- In a bowl, mix almond flour almond butter and maple syrup until a dough forms.
- Add dark chocolate flakes and combine.
- Roll into 20 balls and let cool in the fridge for a couple of minutes and roll in hazelnut meal.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.