These Crispy Zucchini Scallion Fritters are the best of both worlds. Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and some flavourful herbs and spices, making them irresistible.
Crispy Zucchini Scallion Fritters
A green match made in heaven! Zucchini and scallion fit perfectly together. The seasonal vegetables are rich in vitamins to nourish the body and oh so delicious. Fresh chives added to the fritter mixture make this green combination a flavourful and balanced one.
This delicious green stack can be served as a low-carb lunch or dinner, starter to share or snack. Either way, these healthy vegetable fritters will satisfy your savoury cravings in a balanced way.
Tips for making these crispy roasted veggie fritters
This crispy and fluffy stack is just 30 minutes away. Here are some tips to get the best result:
- Season the grated zucchini with salt and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then squeeze out all the liquid by pressing it in your hand. This way, you don’t get soggy fritters and they turn out perfectly fluffy.
- Use the white and green parts of the scallions when chopping. The green part adds some extra flavour and is too precious to throw away. Also, we want to reduce food waste, right?
- Freshly grate the nutmeg instead of using nutmeg powder. When it comes to flavour, it makes all the difference.
Scroll down for the easy recipe.
Zucchini Scallion Fritters
- 2 zucchinis (medium)
- 2 scallions
- 1 egg
- 100 g spelt flour (½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 15 g chives (¼ cup)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
- greek yoghurt
- chopped chives
- Finely grate zucchini over a fine mesh strainer. Add salt and gently toss to combine. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out all the liquid and drain the zucchini completely. Peel and finely chop scallions as well as chives.
- In a large bowl, mix grated zucchini, scallion, spelt flour, egg and chopped chives. Add grated nutmeg, salt and pepper, and combine.
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Scoop 6 portions into the pan and flatten with a spoon or spatula. Roast for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with greek yoghurt and chives.
Nutritional values are estimates only calculated with the recipe calorie and nutrition calculator provided by verywellfit.com. The author of this website is not a nutritionist nor a doctor. All nutritional data provided in the recipes and correspondent blog posts are for informational purposes only. Do not use the information as nutritional or medical advice.