Smoky Chipotle Roasted Cashews
Healthy snack attack with these Smoky Chipotle Roasted Cashews. Full of flavour and with a spicy touch, this snack will satisfy your crunchy cravings.
- 300 g raw unsalted cashews (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (e.g. sunflower oil, canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a bowl mix together oil, sweet paprika powder, chipotle chili powder, chopped rosemary, and salt to create a paste. Add the cashews and stir until the nuts are well coated in the marinade.
Distribute the marinated cashew nuts evenly on the baking tray, making sure they don't overlap. Roast for about 10 to 12 minutes until slightly browned.
Remove from the oven and let cool for at least half an hour. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.
- Don't disturb or overpower the flavour of the spices by using a vegetable oil that has a strong taste of its own. Use a light-tasting vegetable oil like canola or sunflower for that matter.
- You can substitute chipotle chili powder with any other other chili powder of your choice. Remember though, that the nuts won't have that smoky flavour, which the chipotle chili is known for.
- Don't overbake the cashews. Otherwise the spices will turn bitter.
- After taking the nuts out of the oven, let them cool for about half an hour for a crunchy treat. They will have a slightly soft texture when eaten warm.