Hello, Fall! This Easy Vegan Pumpkin Soup is the perfect comforting bowl for the colder season. Ready in 30 minutes, it delivers a ton of flavour and nourishes from within.
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
When thinking about a cosy Fall meal, the first thing that comes into mind is soup. I am a soup lover all year round, but especially when the colder season hits. The best thing? You can make a delicious and comforting soup practically from every vegetable. Pair it with some matching herbs and spices, and you end up with a delicious bowl of soup, sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
This pumpkin soup proofs that you don’t need a ton of ingredients to make a delicious dish. With pumpkin as the main star, the focus is to counterpart the slightly sweet flavour of the fruit vegetable and give it a spicy spin. The result: Subtly sweet meets spicy in a flavourful and creamy marriage.
The best part? No heavy cream is needed to get the creamy consistency. If using the ideal ratio of pumpkin and liquid, the soup will be creamy without adding some extra heavy cream which aids to the calories. I just used vegan cream as a topping in this recipe, which you can also skip.
Scroll down for some tips to make this Easy Vegan Pumpkin Soup and get the recipe.
Tips and variations for this pumpkin soup
This pumpkin soup recipe is easy and quick to prepare and can be made with other vegetables too. Here are some tips and variations to get the best result:
- Add more or less vegetable soup, depending on how thick you want the soup to be.
- Roast the ingredients before adding the vegetable soup to intensify the aroma out of the vegetables and spices.
- You can customize this soup with other vegetables. Instead of the pumpkin, you can use other vegetables with a similar texture. Try it with potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes or a combination to change it up.
- Also, use other toppings like parsley, cilantro, pumpkin seeds and more to change it up and add some different flavour.
Meal-prep soup favourite
This Easy Vegan Pumpkin Soup is quick to prepare and the ideal meal-prep dish. Make a big pot on the weekend and have a nourishing and balanced meal for the whole week. Keep the soup in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to one week.
You can also freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Let it cool first and freeze in individual portions to have on hand. When eating, thaw the soup in the fridge and reheat it in the microwave or a pot.
Craving more comforting soups?
Try these easy and quick soup recipes, perfect for colder days:
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- 1 kg pumpkin (2,2lb)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 ml vegetable soup (17 oz)
- 10 g ginger (thumb piece)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Cut the pumpkin, peel, remove the seeds and dice. Peel and chop onion, garlic and ginger, and mince.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot on medium heat. Add onion and roast for about a minute, stirring occasionally. Now add the pumpkin and roast foranother minute while stirring.
- Add minced garlic, grated ginger and nutmeg, and roast for a couple of seconds. Pour in warm vegetable soup, put in the bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and let cook on medium to low heat for about 15 minutes, until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and take the bay leaf out. Blend using a stick blender or transfer soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Now season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with vegan cream and pumpkin seed oil if you like and serve.
Nutritional values are estimates only calculated with the recipe calorie and nutrition calculator provided by verywellfit.com. The author of this website is not a nutritionist nor a doctor. All nutritional data provided in the recipes and correspondent blog posts are for informational purposes only. Do not use the information as nutritional or medical advice.