It doesn’t get any more Spring than this delicious and nutritious sidekick packed with seasonal produce. Serve next to your favourite roasted or grilled meat, fish or meatless option as a fresh and flavourful side dish.
Spring on a plate
If you want me to name my favourite season the answer will always be Spring. I truly get excited when the cold days change into milder ones and all the Spring plants start to sprout. As a foodie, the best part of this season for me is the flavourful produce it has to offer. So I have plenty of nutritious veggies to choose from when creating my next dish.
Cooking in season
It’s always a good idea to cook with produce in season for more than one reason. You save on money when buying produce that is growing right now in your area instead of opting for imported goods. Moreover, seasonal fruits and veggies pack more nutrients and flavour than produce that is stored for weeks before it is sold. What’s not to love, right?
In this case I took four seasonal veggies to create this side dish bringing some Spring vibes to your plate. What’s more? Topping it with freshly grated lemon zest and parsley adds some extra flavour and freshness. Scroll down for the easy New Potatoes, Wild Garlic and Spring Greens recipe.
Craving more nutritious wild garlic meals? Look no further than these delicious recipe ideas.
Did you like this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Let me know by rating it and leave a comment below. And be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook Pinterest, and Bloglovin to get more delicious dishes for a balanced lifestyle.
New Potatoes, Wild Garlic and Spring Greens
- 500 g new potatoes (1 lb) with skin on
- 300 g peas (2 cups)
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 100 g wild garlic (2 cups) chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest freshly grated
- parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put potatoes in a pot with salted water and boil for about 15-20 minutes until fork-tender.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat. Add peas and roast for about a minute.
- Add wild garlic, scallions, nutmeg, salt and pepper and roast for a couple of minutes until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
- Lastly, add the potatoes and mix with the greens. Top with freshly grated lemon zest, sprinkle with parsley and serve.