This Spring forward smoked salmon salad is full of flavour and done in just 10 minutes. Serve with whole wheat bread for a nourishing lunch or dinner.
No cooking? No problem!
Craving a fresh and balanced meal ready in no time? Look no further than this flavourful smoked salmon salad with an easy herb vinaigrette. Because sometimes you don’t have a lot of time but still want to prepare a delicious and nourishing meal.
And right there, this flavourful Spring salad comes to the rescue. It not only will fill you up but it is also the ideal balanced dish to fuel your body. For lunch or dinner I serve this with whole-wheat bread or baguette to add some complex carbs to the mix.
A nourishing quick meal
I love this recipe not only because it is prepared in no time but also nutrient-dense. The smoked salmon acts as the protein source in this recipe, packing some omega-3 fatty acids and a dose of Vitamin D. The fresh cucumber is the perfect base for the smoked salmon adding some crunch to this dish. Cucumbers store a variety of vitamins, like Vitamin C and K amongst others, making this a powerhouse vegetable. Last but not least, the herb vinaigrette is the ideal topping to complete this dish. It packs three aromatic herbs making this a wholesome meal, perfect for a balanced lifestyle.
Craving more Spring forward meals?
Try these nourishing recipes to reap all the benefits of seasonal produce:
- Wild Garlic Pistachio Pesto Zoodles
- Spinach, Hummus and Egg Breakfast Bread
- Creamy Wild Garlic Potato Soup
- New Potatoes, Wild Garlic and Spring Greens
Smoked Salmon Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
For the salad
- 300 g smoked salmon (10oz) cut
- 1 cucumber sliced
For the herb vinaigrette
- 50 ml olive oil (1/4 cup) extra virgin
- 10 g mixed herbs (1/4 cup chopped) (parsley, chives, dill)
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the vinaigrette chop parsley, chives and dill. Mix in a sealable jar with olive oil, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Give it a good shake and set aside.
- Slice cucumbers, cut smoked salmon and arrange on plates. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve with whole wheat bread or baguette.
Nutritional values are estimates only calculated with the recipe calorie and nutrition calculator provided by verywellfit.com. The author of this website is not a nutritionist nor a doctor. All nutritional data provided in the recipes and correspondent blog posts are for informational purposes only. Do not use the information as nutritional or medical advice.