This Quick Yellow Vegetable Curry brings some intense flavour onto the table. The best part? No curry paste is needed to make this comforting and nourishing dish ready in 35 minutes.
Quick Yellow Vegetable Curry
I’m in a curry mood lately even though the temperatures are sweat worthy at the moment. Still, a comforting and nourishing meal to fuels your body, even in summer.
I kept it vegan by combining cauliflower, bell pepper as well as zucchini and let the spices come into play to create a nourishing dish that bursts with flavour. The best part? I created this flavourful curry without using any curry paste. The right combination of a few spices roasted in oil first is enough to make this as delicious as it gets.
Scroll down for some tips and the easy and quick recipe to make yourself a comforting dish, perfect for meal-prep Sunday.
Tips and variations for this vegan curry recipe
This quick yellow veggie curry is so versatile and easy to prepare. Here are some tips and variations for this recipe:
- Use other veggies to make this dish. Swap out the cauliflower for broccoli or add carrots, snap peas or other crunchy produce to change it up. Be aware though, that the cooking time may change depending on the vegetables used.
- Roast the onions, fresh ginger and garlic along with the dried spices before adding the coconut milk and vegetables. This wakes up the spices and adds to the flavour.
- If you are on the spicy side like me, add some fresh or dried chili to amp things up.
- Not the right consistency? To thicken the sauce add 1 tsp potato or cornstarch, sift into the curry and stir. If it gets to thick add some water to thin it to the consistency of your liking.
- This is also an awesome meal-prep dish. Make it on Sunday and divide into four airtight containers. And just like that, you have some nourishing and balanced meals ready for the week.
- This yellow vegetable curry tastes good on its own but is also delicious served with jasmine rice or naan bread.
Craving more spice-forward food?
Try these recipes to create a flavourful meal plan:
Quick Yellow Vegetable Curry
- 500 g cauliflower (5 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini medium
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- thumb piece ginger
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (eg. rapeseed oil, coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 500 ml coconut milk (17 oz)
- 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro or parsley
- Wash and roughly chop cauliflower, pepper, zucchini and onion. Peel garlic as well as ginger and grate both or finely chop.
- In a large skillet or wok heat vegetable oil on medium heat. Add onion, yellow curry powder, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon powder. Sauté for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add grated ginger as well as garlic and stir again.
- Pour in coconut milk and bring toa slight boil. Add chopped cauliflower, reduce heat to medium and letcook for about 10 minutes. Now add bell pepper and zucchini. Stir again, put a lid on and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze juice of half lime into curry and top with chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve with jasmine rice or naan if you like.
Nutritional values are estimates only calculated with the recipe calorie and nutrition calculator provided by verywellfit.com. The author of this website is not a nutritionist nor a doctor. All nutritional data provided in the recipes and correspondent blog posts are for informational purposes only. Do not use the information as nutritional or medical advice.