This cocktail is coming in with a heavenly citrus flavour, hint of ginger and sparkling attitude you can’t resist. Next round please!
Although I don’t like winter that much, there are a couple of things I still love about this season. No wonder it involves food because I adore the seasonal fruits and vegetables the cold season has to offer.
In this case, the sister of one of my favourite fruits is my main squeeze (pun intended!). And what better way to celebrate blood oranges, than toasting with a delicious drink to it. Right there, this Blood Orange Vodka Ginger Fizz comes into play. With a delicious citrus flavour, a hint of spice, and sparkly attitude, this drink is sure to make you yearn for another round.
Boozy but still nourishing?
Even if this cocktail contains alcohol, you can still reap the nutritious benefits of this drink. Blood oranges and lemons pack a bunch of vitamin C and antioxidants, which help fight free radicals. Moreover, the added ginger boosts your immune system, which comes in handy when flu season is in full swing. So it’s technically a superfood juice with booze. Ha!
Tips for making this blood orange cocktail
- Always use freshly squeezed blood orange and lemon juice. When it comes to flavour, it makes all the difference when using fresh produce instead of store-bought juices. Additionally, you also skip the additives for an extended shelf-life most store-bought juices contain.
- If you don’t have ginger essence, peel and grate fresh ginger. Then put it into a paper towel, secure it between your fingers and squeeze out the juice with your hands.
Blood Orange Vodka Ginger Fizz
- Cocktail Shaker
- 150 ml blood orange juice (5oz)
- 50 ml vodka (1 1/2oz)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp ginger essence (or fresh ginger juice)
- 100 ml club soda / sparkling water (3 1/2oz)
- Squeeze out the juice of about three blood oranges and half a lemon.
- Combine blood orange juice, lemon juice, vodka, agave syrup, ginger essence and a couple of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine and pour into glasses. Fill up with club soda.
- Garnish with blood orange slices and enjoy. Cheers!
Nutritional values are estimates only calculated with the recipe calorie and nutrition calculator provided by verywellfit.com. The author of this website is not a nutritionist nor a doctor. All nutritional data provided in the recipes and correspondent blog posts are for informational purposes only. Do not use the information as nutritional or medical advice.